SERVPRO of Gresham's 25th Anniversary
SERVPRO of Gresham Owners, Dennis and Ellen A. Mesford
SERVPRO of Gresham is proud to announce our doors have been open for 25 years now!
What started as a small business being run from a two car garage has turned into a company that employs over 25 employees and still growing. We have grown both in experience and size and continue to expand our knowledge of the industry. It brings us so much joy to play a role in our community and we strive to be involved as much as we can. You can find our owners Dennis and Ellen at many of Gresham's community events through out the year.
Thank you to all of our customers, clients and employees for helping us get to where we are today. We would be nothing with out the relationships with out customers and clients and without the hard work of our employees. We are so grateful for each and every one of you.
Declutter Your Office Before the New Year - Tips From SERVPRO of Gresham to Get Organized!
Does your Multnomah County Office need some sprucing up? Here are a few tips to get you started!
- Get rid of what you don't need. We tend to think everything is important and needs to be kept. Go through all your stuff and ask yourself: Does this item have unnecessary multiples? Does it have a purpose? Is it outdated? Did you even remember you had it before you started your cleaning? Do you really need it?
- Add more storage. Whether it's a shelving system or a filing cabinet, adding more storage to your office will give everything a place to go. Don't go overboard or else you might end up with even more clutter!
- Make sure everything has a place. If things don't have a place to go, they will likely end up cluttering up your desk.
- Address your problem areas. Everyone has that drawer full of random stuff that has no where to go. Organize it by putting things in a more permanent home and adding some drawer dividers.
- Hide your cables. Cables are often a huge source of office clutter. Get rid of the problem by adding a cable box, zip tie your cords together, hide them with cord concealers and hide them behind a desk or other furniture when you can.
- File paperwork daily. How many times have you walked in to an office and to see stacks of un filed paperwork all over? It looks horrible and makes it hard to find anything. Make sure to file away paperwork every day to avoid this.
- Sort your desktop icons. Digital clutter can be just as bad as real life clutter. Put all the extra documents and pictures on your desktop into a folder. Put everything you don't need anymore into the "trash".
- Disinfect and and clean. With all the stuff we have to get done in a day, it's easy to forget about something like disinfecting your office. Do it yourself or hire a professional to get rid of those lingering germs!
Whether its giving tips on how to declutter or providing 24/7 emergency services, SERVPRO of Gresham is here to help!
For information on the Commercial Cleaning Services we provide visit here, or call today at (503) 665-7752
Sump Pump Failure Due to Gresham Power Outage
One of the most common causes of a sump pump failure is power outages.
With all the snow and wind storms we've been experiencing, it's very likely Gresham will see a higher volume of power outages this season. When you have a sump pump failure due to a power outage, you are put at high risk for a basement flood when it rains or snows. You can prevent this from happening by purchasing a back up generator just for your sump pump that you can turn on manually when a power outage strikes.
If you don't have a back up generator and are now experience a flood due to sump pump failure, call us at SERVPRO of Gresham today. We are open for emergency services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and are Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Tis' the Season of Giving, Donating, and Volunteering in Multnomah County
Looking to give back some how this holiday season, but don't know where to start?
Here are a few organizations to get you going:
Portland Rescue Mission
- Volunteer to serve meals, mentor a man or woman in recovery, or care for children.
- Donate food, socks, blankets and other care items
- Support our programs with a special gift or monthly donation
Oregon Humane Society
- Volunteer at the shelter
- Donate food, toys or other care items (See full list here)
- Foster a pet
- Adopt a pet
- Set up monthly contributions
Toy & Joy Makers
- Donate toys for all ages
- Make a cash donation
- Volunteer to help
These are just a few of the many great organizations in the Portland area that help our community. If we all committed to even just on act of giving this holiday season, just imagine what we could accomplish!
From all of us at SERVPRO of Gresham, we hop you have a happy, fun a and safe holiday season!
When Dealing with Windstorm Damage in Multnomah County, Who Do You Call?
SERVPRO of Gresham, of course! Our team of highly trained professionals are ready to help with your disaster 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our technicians will arrive quickly to start boarding up any windows broken in the wind storm, preventing any further damage. Then they can begin to address any water damage that may have resulted from the broken window and restore the home or business to make it look "Like it never even happened."
As a leader in storm and water damage restoration, SERVPRO of Gresham has the specialized training and expertise to restore your home back to its pre-storm condition. Our restoration process puts an emphasis on scientific drying techniques, progress monitoring and documentation.
If you are facing wind or storm damage at your home or business, call SERVPRO of Gresham today at (503) 665-7752
Restoration Technologies at SERVPRO of Gresham
SERVPRO of Gresham has the technology to get the job done!
The past few decades has seen a rapid advancement in the technology and techniques used in the restoration industry. These advancements allow SERVPRO of Gresham Professionals to restore a property back to preloss condition quickly, reliably, and more effectively.
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment
Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure, and monitor a property’s moisture levels. Recent advances, like infrared cameras, can help us detect water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- An infrared camera may be used to identify water location for thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation
Water Extraction Equipment
Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers causes moisture to evaporate at a faster pace
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
Water and fire damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Anti-Microbial Treatments
The use of OSHA-approved cleaning agents may be needed to clean and remove odors and/or contaminants on your property.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.
For more information on the services we provide at SERVPRO of Gresham, visit our website or call (503) 665-7752
Toilet Overflow or Sewege Backup Emergency in Gresham Oregon
Toilet Overflow or Sewer Backup?
Call Today (503) 665-7752
Sewer backups should be considered an emergency since the water may contain viruses, bacteria, and other microbes that cause serious illnesses. SERVPRO of Gresham has specialized training and equipment to quickly and safely clean contaminants like sewage.
Water damage can be classified by the three types of contaminated water. SERVPRO of Gresham will inspect your home or business to determine the appropriate plan of action for the type of water encountered.
The three types of contaminated water:
Category 1: "Clean Water"
Category 1 water is from a clean source like a broken water supply line or leaking faucet. If not treated quickly, this water can turn into category 2 or 3, depending on length of time, temperature, and contact with surrounding contaminants.
- Water from a clean source like a broken water line
- If left untreated, can degrade into category 2 or 3
Category 2: "Gray Water"
Category 2 water is contaminated and could cause discomfort or illness. Examples include washing machine overflow; toilet overflow with some urine, but no feces; or dishwasher overflow.
- May contain bacteria and viruses
- Can quickly degrade into category 3 if left untreated
Category 3: "Black Water"
Category 3 water is grossly contaminated and could cause severe illness or death if ingested and any contact should be avoided. Examples include flooding from rivers or streams, water from beyond the toilet trap, water from the toilet bowl with feces, or standing water that has begun to support microbial growth.
- May contain untreated sewage, harsh chemicals, and microbes
- Water from flooding rivers or sewer backup
24 Hour Emergency Service
Water contaminated with sewage backup should be considered an emergency situation and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Gresham is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are water damage restoration specialists with specialized training, equipment and protective gear to safely restore your home or business.
Call Today (503) 665-7752
Mold in Your Gresham Business?
SERVPRO of Gresham can help when mold strikes in your Gresham business!
Besides causing a major business interruption, a mold problem can present a serious health risk for people exposed at your commercial property. Mold infestations can be caused by minor water intrusions, like a slow roof leak or loose plumbing fitting. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity.
Mold can spread quickly through a property if left untreated. SERVPRO of Gresham can respond quickly, working to first contain the infestation to help prevent its spread to other parts of the building. Next, we will begin the remediation process, working safely and effectively to manage the situation. We have the training, experience, and equipment to contain the mold infestation and remediate it to preloss condition.
If you suspect your property has a mold problem, call SERVPRO of Gresham at (503) 665-7752
Frozen Pipe Burst in Gresham, Oregon Home or Business
When a frozen pipe in your home or business suddenly breaks, who do you call?
SERVPRO of Gresham of course! When your Gresham home has water damage from flooding or leaks, you need the company that can respond immediately and has the expertise and equipment to properly restore your property. SERVPRO of Gresham uses advanced water damage inspection and extraction equipment to help them find the moisture and to remove it as quickly as possible. Our highly trained technicians will monitor and document the drying process so that you know your property is back to normal.
This time of year pipes are especially prone to being frozen, bursting and leaking. Weather reports for the upcoming week say the temperature may even drop below freezing, brrr!
If you are faced with water damage from frozen pipes, call SERVPRO of Gresham today at (503) 665-7752
Stay Safe Gresham! Holiday Fire Safety Tips 2016
Holiday Fire Safety Tips
Decorating for the holidays can be a lot of fun, but remember these fire safety tips Gresham!
- Inspect your holiday lights every year before you put them up.
- Throw away any light strands that have frayed or pinched wires.
- A dry tree can catch on fire more easily. Water your Christmas tree every day
- Use battery-operated flameless candles, that look, smell and feel like real candles.
- Make sure any lit candles are in stable holders and place them where they cannot be knocked down easily
- Don't overload electrical outlets
- Stockings are hung with care at least 3 ft above a heat source
- Turn off decorations when leaving the house, or going to bed
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Have your chimney inspected to see if it needs cleaning
- Put a screen on your fireplace to avoid any embers falling onto the carpet or floor
For information on the Fire Damage Repair and Restoration Services we offer visit www.SERVPROgresham.com/fire-smoke-damage-restoration or Call us at (503) 665-7752