Need Help Restoring Fire-Damaged Home in Wood Village?
Call SERVPRO of Gresham to restore firework damage
Every fire damage event is a little different, and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for the “typical” fire damage emergency.
Step 1: Emergency Contact
The restoration process begins when you call us. Our representative will ask questions regarding the fire damage event that will help us respond immediately with the appropriate equipment and resources.
Step 2: Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect and test adjoining rooms of your property to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage. This step is crucial to developing a plan of action.
Step 3: Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service
Fire damage can often compromise windows, walls, and roofs. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, we can board up missing windows and walls and place tarps on damaged roofs.
Step 4: Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)
The water removal process begins almost immediately and removes the majority of the water. We then use dehumidifiers and air movers to remove the remaining water and complete the drying process.
Step 5: Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
We use specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
Step 6: Cleaning and Sanitizing
We clean, sanitize, and disinfect all of the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire. We use a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to pre-fire condition. We’re also trained to remove odors using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
Restoration is the final step—getting your home or business to its pre-fire condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
Don’t hesitate to call SERVPRO of Gresham! We can help you restore your home back to original condition. – (503) 665-7752
Fireworks Leave Behind Smoke and Soot Damage in Gresham
You Can Count On SERVPRO of Gresham To Help!
Even a small fire can leave behind a significant amount of smoke and soot damage, and even though we try to be safe, sometimes fireworks can lead to fires!
SERVPRO of Gresham and our team of experts have extensive training in fire, smoke, and odor control restoration and are here to help 24/7. We understand this may be a stressful time for you and want to make the process go as smoothly as possible. Not only do we work closely with insurance providers, but we also have a full service team of construction professionals which means we can help from start to finish.
If you are experiencing smoke and soot damage this firework season, call SERVPRO of Gresham at (503) 665-7752. We are available 24/7.
Summer BBQ Fires In Troutdale
SERVPRO of Gresham BBQ Safety Tips For Your Gresham Home
Summer BBQ’s are a great way to enjoy the weather, spend time with family and friends, and eat amazing food. Although a backyard BBQ can be a ton of fun, be sure to know your fire safety tips. These tips can be useful to prevent injuries and damage on your property. If you ever experience fire damage SERVPRO of Gresham can help you restore your home!
- BBQ grills should be used outside and all times
- Regularly clean your grill of any grease or buildup
- Always supervise the grill to prevent injuries or fires
- Keep your grill at a safe distance from your home
Be sure that the fire is completely out before leaving your grill for an extended period of time. Wind can be a dangerous contributor in starting and spreading a fire. Keep water or an fire extinguisher nearby incase of an unexpected fire.
We understand how devastating a fire can be and we don’t want you to be alone in the process of restoration, so call SERVPRO of Gresham 24/7 at (503) 665-7752!
Get Help For Fire Damage In Troutdale
SERVPRO of Gresham can restore your fire damaged home!
No fire damage is too big or too small for SERVPRO of Gresham. Our highly trained Fire Restoration Technicians are available 24/7, which means we are Here to Help when faced with a fire on the Fourth of July. Once the Fire Department has cleared the scene, be sure to give us a call!
Smoke and Soot Damage?
SERVPRO of Gresham has the specialized cleaning equipment and cleaners to get your salvageable personal belongings or merchandise back to pre-fire condition. Our Cleaning and Odor Control Technicians can remove lingering smoke odors once the soot has been cleaned from all surfaces.
If you are faced with damage to your home or business this firework season, call SERVPRO of Gresham today at (503) 655-7735
Pool Safety In East Side
Pool Safely Tips and Facts from Your Local SERVPRO of Gresham
When summer brings the heat crashing into your daily routine, a pool is a great way to cool off and break up the dog days of summer.
Swimming pools and other water features on your property require regular maintenance and awareness of safety when friends and family, particularly small children, are swimming in your pool.
If your pool causes water damage to your East Side property, SERVPRO of Gresham has a team of highly trained professionals who can restore your property back to pre-damage condition.
Don’t forget to be safe! Parents should be supervising any young children who don’t have strong swimming skills. Most drowning deaths among young children happen at times when parents are nearby, but the children are not properly supervised. Never leave your child or their friends unattended around water. Infants and children under the age of 2 can drown in as little as one inch of water. Enrolling your children in year-round swim lessons at your local swimming pool is the best way to prevent drowning accidents in the future.
If you have questions about SERVPRO of Gresham’s services, call (503) 665-7752!
Firework Safety In Fairview
Prevent Gresham Home Fires In July
The best way to stay safe this firework season is to go to a firework show put on by professionals. If you can't resist lighting some off at home, here are the recommended safety tips from National Council on Firework Safety:
- Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
- Know your fireworks; read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting.
- A responsible adult SHOULD supervise all firework activities. Never give fireworks to children.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Save your alcohol for after the show.
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
- Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away.
- Use fireworks OUTDOORS in a clear area; away from buildings and vehicles.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Always have a bucket of water and charged water hose nearby.
- Never carry fireworks in your POCKET or shoot them into METAL or GLASS containers.
- Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.
- Dispose of spent fireworks by wetting them down and place in a metal trash can away from any building or combustible materials until the next day.
- FAA regulations PROHIBIT the possession and transportation of fireworks in your checked baggage or carry-on luggage.
- Report illegal explosives, like M-80s and quarter sticks, to the fire or police department.
From all of us at SERVPRO of Gresham, we wish you a very fun and SAFE Fourth of July!
If you are faced with fire damage at your home or business, call SERVPRO of Gresham at (503) 665-7752
Green Products For Your Fairview Home
SERVPRO of Gresham Offers Green Products For A Clean Home
If you need a thorough and natural spring cleaning in your Gresham home, SERVPRO of Gresham has exactly what you need. Our trained cleaning professionals use only green products to deep clean your house and brighten up your home! SERVPRO of Gresham has many different cleaning services and a few of them include the following:
- Air Ducts & HVAC
- Carpet & Upholstery
- Ceiling, Floors & Walls
- Drapes & Blinds
- Odor Removal
- Sewage & Toilet Overflow
- Trauma & Crime Scene
- Vandalism & Graffiti
- Building Services
- Commercial Cleaning Services
Our products and services are designed to bring you a clean and environment friendly home. If you’re interested in our cleaning services or have questions about our work, call SERVPRO of Gresham at (503) 665-7752.
Gresham Home Damage From Fireworks
What you can do until help arrives to your fire damaged home
After any fire damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first. Here are a few tips to guide you through the process:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets. Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call SERVPRO of Gresham (503) 665-7752
Congratulations to Gresham High School Graduates
SERVPRO of Gresham Congratulates 2018 High School Graduates!
It’s that time of the year! Another high school graduation ceremony begins as our local students prepare to walk across the stage and on to their next adventure. We are proud to congratulate our local high schools on this annual achievement. Stay safe and good luck in this new beginning!
If you're in need of any of the following services, let SERVPRO of Gresham know how we can help!
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building Services
If you’re interested or have questions about our services at SERVPRO of Gresham, please call us at (503) 665-7752 or visit our website http://www.SERVPROgresham.com\ for more information.
Fairview Home Mold Remediation Facts
6 Mold Remediation Facts From Your Local SERVPRO of Gresham
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Don't hesitate to call us at any time, 24/7 at (503) 665-7752