Commercial Building Cleaning in East Side
SERVPRO of Gresham Can Clean Your Commercial Building!
You don’t have time to worry about the common wear and tear that gradually soils your office. When grime, odor, and moisture challenges go beyond the scope of your regular janitorial staff, you should call SERVPRO of Greshamfor prompt service. Whether it’s removing an odor problem or deep cleaning flooring or carpets, you can rely on us to make your workspace look its very best.
SERVPRO of Gresham offer cleaning services ranging from cleaning restaurant hoods to removing biohazard contaminants. We have the specialized training and products to get your property back to business. Our cleaning services include the following:
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Biohazard and Sewage
- Trauma and Crime Scene
- Carpet and Upholstery
- Drapes and Blinds
- Ceilings, Walls, and Hard Floors
- Odor Removal and Deodorization
Whether your office is in need of carpet cleaning to biohazard cleaning, SERVPRO of Gresham is here to help! Our goal is make it, “Like it never even happened.” Have more questions? Call us today at (503) 665-7752
Help! My Troutdale Home Caught On Fire and Damaged My Property!
Have You Heard of Home Fire Sprinklers?
We’ve seen them in commercial and industrial properties and public buildings, but did you know you can get fire sprinklers installed inside your home? 85% of all US fire deaths occur inside the home*; installing an automatic fire sprinkler could save your life. There is an 80 percent reduction in the risk of occupants dying in a fire when fire sprinklers are present. Additionally, there is a 70 percent reduction in direct property damage per fire.* On top of reducing fire damages, fire sprinklers are cost effective. A report commissioned by the Fire Protection Research Foundation places the average national cost of installing sprinklers in new homes at $1.35 per square foot, or about one percent of the total construction cost.
*Source NFPA.org and firesprinklerinitiative.org
What Causes Microbial Growth in Gresham Area Homes?
Microbial growth in garage ceiling cavity.
Are you experiencing microbial growth in your home?
Microbes are a vital part of the ecosystem and necessary for life. Microbes are everywhere, even within our indoor environments, but under certain conditions they also may become a threat to human health. Microbial growth in indoor environments should be controlled. Microbes are living organisms that pollute our environment, contaminating the air or water.
Microbes include viruses, bacteria and fungi.
- Fungi are organisms that digest materials in their surroundings to get nutrients rather than eating (like animals) or making food (like plants). Fungi are typically multicellular, meaning they have many cells.
- Bacteria live in soil, water, and organic matter. Like fungi, bacteria absorb surrounding materials, but bacteria are normally single celled.
- Viruses are the simplest microbes and lack many of the abilities of bacteria and fungi. Viruses grow, multiply, and cause diseases in living things. They can only grow and multiply inside a living entity.
If you have questions regarding microbial growth in your home, call SERVPRO of Gresham today at (503) 665-7752!
Office Fire in Gresham Causes Great Damage to Building
Has your commercial property had a fire in the Gresham area?
SERVPRO of Gresham knows fires don’t only affect homeowners; they can also affect business owners as well. Luckily, we are here to make it “Like it never even happened.” SERVPRO of Gresham has the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial fire damage emergencies. Whether your fire emergency occurs in a restaurant, motel, or office building, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion. Fire damage is especially devastating for a business or commercial property. In addition to the fire and smoke damage, significant water damage from firefighting efforts and fire suppression systems may occur. Every hour spent restoring your business back to pre-fire condition is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. If your business experiences a fire loss, call the fire and water damage restoration experts and we’ll respond immediately to get you back to business.
To learn more about the commercial services SERVPRO of Gresham offers, go here. We provide our services 24/7, call today at (503) 665-7752!
Help! My Toilet Overflowed in Rockwood!
What type of water overflow do you have in your home or business?
Water from sewer system backups should be considered very dangerous. The water is grossly unsanitary and may contain bacteria and viruses that could cause serious illness. Special training and equipment is necessary to safely clean this type of contamination. Luckily, SERVPRO of Gresham is here to help!
The three types of contaminated water:
Category 1: "Clean Water"
This is water from a clean source, such as a broken clean water supply line or faucet. If left untreated, category 1 water can quickly degrade into category 2 or 3 water depending upon such factors as time, temperature, and contact with contaminants.
Category 2: "Gray Water"
This water has a significant level of contamination that could cause discomfort or illness if ingested. Sources for category 2 water may include washing machine overflow; toilet overflow with some urine, but no feces; or dishwasher overflow. It can quickly degrade into category 3 if left untreated.
Category 3: "Black Water"
This water is grossly unsanitary and could cause severe illness or death if ingested, and any contact should be avoided. Sources for category 3 water could include flooding from rivers or streams, water from beyond the toilet trap, water from the toilet bowl with feces, or standing water that has begun to support microbial growth.
Did your home or business have a sewage backup or toilet overflow? Call us today at (503) 665-7752!
Do You Have a Pool for Your Pet in the Gresham Area?
Our furry family loves swimming too!
Cooling off in the pool is a great way to escape the summer heat, but our pets need supervision to stay safe around swimming pools. The following will explain the signs of heat stroke in dogs and cats, health tips for swimming, and what do you once your furry friends get out of the pool.
- Dogs don’t sweat and can’t regulate their body temperature.
- They also don’t handle heat well.
- Don’t handle heat well
- They are able to sweat through their foot pads
- Body temperatures over 105°F are dangerous and require immediate care
Signs of heat stroke:
- Excessive panting or drooling
- Trouble breathing
- Red tongue or gums
- Lethargy or weakness
Preventing Poolside Heat Stroke:
- Provide a shaded area
- Have fresh and clean water available
- Something for your pet to lie on, concrete or a wooden deck can get hot and burn their paws
- Swimming is excellent exercise for pets, but don’t assume they know how to swim right away.
- Don’t let your pet drink pool water; the chemicals can be harmful to them.
- Get goggles for dogs to protect their eyes.
Out of the pool:
- Wash the pool chemicals off your pet with fresh water
- Clean and dry out their ears to prevent infections
- Use soft cotton balls
- Dogs with floppy ears are more likely to get infections
SERVPRO of Gresham wants to keep you and your four-legged friends safe and healthy!
Gresham Arts Festival!
SERVPRO of Gresham is thrilled to be a lead sponsor for the Gresham Arts Festival!
SERVPRO of Gresham is so excited to be apart of and be a lead sponsor for the Gresham Arts Festival. The festivities kick off Friday evening on July 14, 2017 from 5:00PM-9:00PM with Art Under the Stars. You will be able to peruse through the silent auction in Historic Downtown Gresham and enjoy the tunes of Norman Sylvester.
Saturday morning, 7/15/2017, the fun continues from 9:00AM-5:00PM for the Gresham Arts Festival. More than 150 artists will fill the streets with an array of unique, handcrafted art. Also featured: live cultural and musical performances, unique shopping and restaurants. During the day, the community will be working towards reclaiming the Chalk of Fame: Guinness World Record. A town in Canada stole the world record, set by the Gresham community in 2015, for the largest display of chalk pavement art.
We can't wait to see you there!
Keeping Pets Safe in Fairview House Fires
Gresham home fire tips to keep your furry family safe!
July 15, 2017 is National Pet Fire Safety Day! The following are tips to prevent fires that pets may cause and what to have to be prepared for an emergency.
- Extinguish open flames: Pets are generally curious and investigate open flames such as candles.
- “Baby proof” your home: When your pet is left unattended, consider keeping them confined from potential fire It is advised to keep pets in a crate or behind baby gates to secure the area. Some pets, especially puppies and kittens, will chew electrical cords or loose wire when left alone.
- Remove or lock stove knobs: According to the National Fire Protection Association, a stove or cooktop is the #1 piece of equipment involved in your pet starting a fire.
- Remove glass water bowls from wooden decks: The rays of sun, when filtered through glass water bowl, may ignite the wooden deck below. Instead, use bowls made from ceramic or stainless steel.
Be prepared for an emergency:
- Get a rescue alert sticker: These stickers should be placed on a front-facing window, and will alert rescue workers of the presence of pets in your home.
- Arrange a safe place to house your pets after an emergency: Local and state safety and health regulations do not allow pets to be housed in Red Cross Disaster shelters. Keep a list of pet friendly places to stay. These could be with: friends, relatives, pet-friendly hotels, boarding facilities, or veterinarians.
- Make sure your pet is wearing proper identification: There is a chance your pet may be lost following a disaster. Make sure your pet wears up to date contact information at all times.
Make an emergency preparedness kit:
Have a kit made and keep it in a safe place, either by the door or in your car. Your kit should include supplies for up to seven days.
- Medication and medical records
- Leashes, hardness or carrier
- Current photo in case your pet gets lost
- Bedding and toys
- Bowls, cat litter, and litter pan
- Emergency contact information
- Food, bottled water, and a can opener
SERVPRO of Gresham wants to ensure you and your furry families stay safe in an emergency. To learn more about our services, go HERE, or call us today at (503) 665-7752.
What To Do When You Find Mold in Your Troutdale Home or Business
When mold strikes at your Troutdale property, call SERVPRO of Gresham!
SERVPRO of Gresham's is a trusted leader in the restoration industry, and our team of Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians are Here to Help when you find growth in your home or business! Our specialized mold remediation equipment and IICRC certifications and training will help us to make it "Like it never even happened".
If you find mold at your home or business, there are a few safety precautions you should take until SERVPRO of Gresham arrives to help.
- Stay out of the affected area if possible.
- Do not blow air in the affected area (fans, vacuums, etc.), as this may spread the spores causing more growth.
- Turn off heating an cooling systems.
- Never try to clean up the growth yourself.
For more information on our Mold Remediation and Restoration Services, click HERE or call us today at (503) 665-7752 to set up an inspection.
Suspect Mold? Call SERVPRO of Gresham For an Inspection!
If you have found or suspect mold growth at your home or business, call SERVPRO of Gresham today!
At SERVPRO of Gresham we understand mold and mold growth. We have the training, expertise and quality equipment to remediate the mold in your home or business. Our Mold Remediation Technicians are certified by the IICRC and continuously expand their knowledge of the trade. For more information on the training our technicians receive go HERE.
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact -(503) 665-7752
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Call and set up an inspection today at(503) 665-7752 or for more information on our Mold Remediation Services click HERE.