Gresham Business Restoration
Give SERVPRO of Gresham a call if your business needs restoration services!
When your home or business has been damaged by fire, water, or storm damage, the immediate concern should be temporary protective measures such as placing roof tarps to prevent additional damage, and boarding up to secure the building and remove water and debris.
After protecting and securing the structure, professionals at SERVPRO Gresham can begin the restoration process. Your home or business may need reconstruction work to get your property back to its preloss condition.
The professionals at SERVPRO of Gresham can simplify the restoration process by handling both the initial damage mitigation and rebuilding the affected areas. Having one qualified company for the entire process can save time and keeps costs low.
SERVPRO of Gresham can provide this continuity by supervising a full range of restoration services that will bring a building back to full functionality.
- Board Up
- Carpet Repair and Installation
- Document Drying
- Dry Cleaning
- Drywall Installation
- Drywall Removal
- Electronics Restoration
- Fine Art Restoration
- Furniture Restoration
- General Contracting
- Hardwood Floor Repair
- HVAC Services
- Linoleum Floor Repair
- Marble Floor Repair
- Move Out
- Portable Power
- Roof Tarp
- Roofing Services
- Scalable Resources
- Temporary Fencing
- Temporary Warehouse Space
- Tile Floor Repair
- Tree Removal
Call us at (503) 665-7752!
Gresham Home Attic Water Damage
Ways to prevent your attic from water damage
Water damage and mold are most likely to occur in your attic. Most of us only go up to our attics when we need something. Be sure to check your attic frequently for leaks and other possible issues. During storms, your attic and roof take the brunt of it. Stains appearing on your ceiling is a sign of a leak in your attic.
Here are four steps to help you keep your attic water-free:
Check Your Attic Regularly
It is important to check your attic as often as your check the rest of your home. Your attic could be holding water, which will cause your ceiling to leak, as well as cause mold damages.
Check your Roofing After Severe Weather
After a severe storm or heavy winds, it is crucial to check your roofing and ensure it is still intact. A missing shingle could cause water damages to your attic, which will eventually cause mold and major water damages.
Check for Leaks in your Attic
When in your attic, give it a once-over to make sure it doesn’t have any leaks or small holes that could allow water inside.
Make Sure Your Water Heater is Working Properly
If your water heater is old or isn’t functioning as well as it should, you should have it checked by a professional. If your water heater leaks, you will end up with a flooded home, and possible major water damages.
If you’re struggling with water damage in your attic or other parts of your home, give SERVPRO of Gresham a call at (503) 665-7752.
Musty Smells In Your Troutdale Home
Call SERVPRO of Gresham now to save your home from odor
As experts in deodorization, SERVPRO of Gresham Professionals are trained to identify and eliminate offensive odors. These odors can come from a number of sources both inside and outside a structure.
SERVPRO teaches IICRC technical classes in the proper removal of odors. Masking and other shortcuts don't work when your odor problem is serious or persistent.
Your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional has the training and equipment to identify and eliminate these offensive odors. By identifying the cause of the odor and determining the conditions in which it contacts any surfaces, the odor can often be removed over time without a trace.
The science of identifying and eliminating odors can be a tricky thing, so give SERVPRO of Gresham a call, and leave the restoration to us. Available 24/7 at (503) 665-7752!
Generator Safety for Gresham Residents
We want to make sure you are safe during the next storm power outage
If you have a generator on hand for power outages during severe weather, follow the safety tips below from American Red Cross:
- Never use a generator, grill, camp stove, or other gasoline, propane, natural gas, or charcoal-burning devices inside a home, garage, basement, crawl space, or any partially enclosed area.
- To avoid electrocution, keep the generator dry and do not use in rain or wet Operate it on a dry surface under an open canopy-like structure, such as under a tarp help up on poles. Do not touch the generator with wet hands.
- Opening doors and windows or using fans will not prevent carbon monoxide (CO) buildup in the home. Although CO can’t be seen or smelled, it can rapidly lead to full incapacitation and death. Even if you cannot smell exhaust fumes, you may still be exposed to CO. If you start to feel sick, dizzy, or weak while using a generator, get to fresh air immediately.
- Install CO alarms in central locations on every level of your home or property and outside sleeping areas to provide early warning of accumulating carbon monoxide.
If your home or business is damaged due to a storm, call SERVPRO of Gresham! We have the training, tools, and equipment to make it “Like it never even happened.”
The Science of Drying Your Gresham Property
Do you know the science SERVPRO of Gresham uses to dry out your home or business?
Did you know there is actually a science behind the process of drying? The knowledge of psychrometrics is essential to restoring a water damaged structure to its preloss condition. While your initial reaction may be to grab a few towels to mop up the mess and place a fan or two around the damaged area, SERVPRO of Gresham Professionals are trained in the science of drying and follow strict industry-approved standards to help lower the chance of any secondary damages. If your business suffers from water damage, your local SERVPRO professionals will:
- Inspect the building to detect every component that is wet, to help prevent secondary damage from happening.
- Measure how much moisture is in wet materials and monitor whether that materials are drying
- Speed up Mother Nature by using professional drying equipment.
What exactly does “speed up Mother Nature” mean? A wet building can often dry naturally because the environment always seeks equilibrium. When materials are wet, moisture will naturally move to drier air at the surface of the material- but only if the air is, indeed, drier. The only problem is, nature often takes too long and secondary damages may occur while the building is drying out. For this reason, the professionals at SERVPRO have been trained to use top-of-the-line equipment to help Mother Nature along, including equipment to help dry hardwood floors, tough-to-reach spaces inside walls, and much more. SERVPRO of Gresham also state-of-the-art monitoring equipment and a proven scientific process to help speed the drying of your home or business.
The bottom line? Your local SERVPRO have the training and equipment to help make it “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at (503) 665-7752!
The Behavior of Smoke and How It Affects Your Troutdale Property
Do you know the different types of smoke?
The damage to your property following a fire can often be complicated due to the unique behavior of smoke. There are two different types of smoke- wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. SERVPRO of Gresham professionals are thoroughly trained in fire cleanup and restoration and know the different types of smoke and their behavior patterns. Knowing this information can be vital to proper restoration.
We know smoke can penetrate various within the structure, causing hidden damage and odor. Their knowledge of building systems helps them investigate how far smoke damage may have spread. The following are additional facts you may not know about smoke.
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Types of Smoke:
- Wet Smoke (plastic and rubber)
- Dry Smoke (paper and wood)
- Protein Fire Residue (produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire)
- Fuel Spill Soot (furnace puff backs)
- Other types (tear gas, fingerprint powder, and fire extinguisher residue)
SERVPRO of Gresham professionals are trained to handle even the toughest losses. If your home or business suffers a fire or smoke damage, call us today at (503) 665-7752!
SERVPRO of Gresham is Hiring a Sales and Marketing Representative
When your business operations are interrupted by fire or water damage, you need professional help to get your property back to business. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. SERVPRO of Gresham provides professional cleaning or emergency restoration services to get your business running smoothly again. We have the training, equipment, and resources to handle any size disaster.
SERVPRO of Gresham
We are currently looking to hire a goal oriented and ambitious outside sales representative, to promote and sell our services to commercial facility directors, maintenance managers, owners and property managers.
This sales position will promote and sell franchise services in assigned territory, which results in meeting or exceeding assigned sales goals. Grow and develop customer base by utilizing a systematic process to identify new prospects and to routinely contact and follow up with customers. Conduct repetitive contact calls to build relationships and educate the customer on why we are the best restoration company in Gresham, Oregon City, Sandy, and the surrounding areas. Utilize the quarterly Marketing Media Kit to market our services and to sell the benefits. Monitor and follow-up on all assigned jobs ensuring that customer needs are met. Building relationships and consistently returning until service is needed along with preparing and completing sales presentations.
- Strong understanding of all products and services applicable to target client segment
- Thorough knowledge of applicable policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of all organization products and operations
- Demonstrated sales and marketing skills and abilities
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Ability to develop and administer budgets
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
While a background in sales is preferred, we are willing to train the right candidate. You need to be comfortable with B2B relationship selling and enjoy talking to people. Please contact us to if you are interested in learning more about our company and the open sales position.
Do you know how electrical fires can start in your North Gresham home?
Electrical fires can happen at any time of year but are more prominent in winter months.
The months with the most electrical fires are December and January due to increased use of heating appliances and lights. Most electrical fires start in the bedroom, but the highest number of fatalities occurs with fires located in the living room, family room and den. The most common electrical fires are caused by the following:
- Faulty outlets/appliances: Most electrical fires are caused by faulty electrical outlets and old, outdated appliances. Other fires are started by faults in appliance cords, receptacles, and switches.
- Light Fixtures: Light fixtures, lamps and light bulbs are another common reason for electrical fires. Installing a bulb with a wattage that is too high for the lamps and light fixtures is a leading cause of electrical fires.
- Extension Cords: Misuse of extension cords is another electrical fire cause. Appliances should be plugged directly into an outlet and not plugged into an extension cord for any length of time. Only use extension cords as a temporary measure.
- Space Heaters: Many times people put space heaters too close to combustible surfaces such as curtains, beds, clothing, chairs, couches, and rugs. Coil space heaters are especially dangerous in this regard because the coils become so hot they will almost instantaneously ignite any nearby flammable surface.
- Wiring: Outdated wiring often causes electrical fires. If a home is over 20 years old, it may not have the wiring capacity to handle the increased amounts of electrical appliances in today’s average home, such as computers, wide-screen televisions, video and gaming players, microwaves and air conditioners.
No matter how a fire gets started in your home, SERVPRO of Gresham is here to help! We are open 24/7, 365 days a year and are faster to any disaster. Call us today at (503) 665-7752!
Groundwater in Basement of Gresham Residence
How Groundwater Affects Your Home in Multnomah County
Picture this: you come home after a long, rainy day at work to find yourself standing in water that has flooded your basement. You look around and don’t see any leaks or broken pipes and can’t seem to figure out what the problem is. You may be experiencing groundwater entering your home. Groundwater is the water suspended in the dirt around your home. Groundwater getting in your home can cause all kinds of damage, money, and headaches. The first step to preventing groundwater in your home, most commonly the basement, is to ensure proper waterproofing. Without proper waterproofing, water damage can cause humidity, bacteria, and mold growth.
If you are experiencing water damage, no matter the cause, don’t hesitate to call SERPVRO of Gresham at (503) 665-7752! If you are looking for more information on our water restoration services, please visit our website.
SERVPRO of Gresham is faster to any disaster in the Gresham Area!
Do you know why speed is so important when dealing with a disaster?
Speed is the key when disaster strikes! Immediate response lessens the damage of:
- Wood and drywall saturation
- Carpet and furniture stains
- Warping hardwood floors
- Content damage
SERVPRO of Gresham follows the guidelines below:
- Within ONE HOUR of receiving the loss, a SERVPRO National Call Center Service Agent will dispatch the loss to the nearest available Franchise, and a Franchise professional will contact the customer.
- Within FOUR HOURS of receiving the loss from the SERVPRO National Call Center, the assigned Franchise will be on-site to begin the mitigation
- Within EIGHT HOURS of the initial on-site visit, the Franchise will complete a verbal briefing which will be communicated to the adjuster.
If you are ever in need of water or fire restoration services, call your local SERVPRO of Gresham for a speedy service at (503) 665-7752. Wondering what types of services we offer? Visit our website!