Groundwater in Basement of Gresham Residence
How Groundwater Affects Your Home in Multnomah County
Picture this: you come home after a long, rainy day at work to find yourself standing in water that has flooded your basement. You look around and don’t see any leaks or broken pipes and can’t seem to figure out what the problem is. You may be experiencing groundwater entering your home. Groundwater is the water suspended in the dirt around your home. Groundwater getting in your home can cause all kinds of damage, money, and headaches. The first step to preventing groundwater in your home, most commonly the basement, is to ensure proper waterproofing. Without proper waterproofing, water damage can cause humidity, bacteria, and mold growth.
If you are experiencing water damage, no matter the cause, don’t hesitate to call SERPVRO of Gresham at (503) 665-7752! If you are looking for more information on our water restoration services, please visit our website.
SERVPRO of Gresham is faster to any disaster in the Gresham Area!
Do you know why speed is so important when dealing with a disaster?
Speed is the key when disaster strikes! Immediate response lessens the damage of:
- Wood and drywall saturation
- Carpet and furniture stains
- Warping hardwood floors
- Content damage
SERVPRO of Gresham follows the guidelines below:
- Within ONE HOUR of receiving the loss, a SERVPRO National Call Center Service Agent will dispatch the loss to the nearest available Franchise, and a Franchise professional will contact the customer.
- Within FOUR HOURS of receiving the loss from the SERVPRO National Call Center, the assigned Franchise will be on-site to begin the mitigation
- Within EIGHT HOURS of the initial on-site visit, the Franchise will complete a verbal briefing which will be communicated to the adjuster.
If you are ever in need of water or fire restoration services, call your local SERVPRO of Gresham for a speedy service at (503) 665-7752. Wondering what types of services we offer? Visit our website!
Water Damage Affects Gym on the East Side
Any water damage in your facility is bad.
There is no such thing as a small disaster. Especially when the water you don’t see contains bacteria - or causes mold, rot, and other unseen damages. Water damage can affect the value of your property, so before you get out the mop bucket and box fan to try and clean it up yourself, consider how this will affect your property.
SERVPRO of Gresham understands how disruptive unseen water damage can be for your business. For this reason, we offer 24-hour emergency response and, under normal circumstances, will have a trained professional on-site within four hours to begin emergency mitigation services. By responding quickly with a full line of water cleanup and restoration services can help you regain control quickly while drying, deodorizing and protecting your facility and contents.
Before you risk further damaging the value of your facility by attempting to clean up the mess yourself, call your local water damage cleanup and restoration specialists at SERVPRO of Gresham at (503) 665-7752!
Have You Recently Opened or Renovated A Business in Gresham?
SERVPRO of Gresham can assist with post-construction cleanup in your company!
Structural integrity, materials, labor, safety, customer satisfaction and deadline- the list goes on and on when building a commercial facility. The bottom line, however, is you are responsible for getting the doors open on time.
SERVPRO of Gresham can help you meet your deadlines by providing thorough post-construction services in a timely manner. These services include:
- Post-construction cleaning- Once the floors are down and the drywall is up, it’s time to remove the debris and dirt in order to lay carpet, paint, and decorate.
- Dehumidification and drying- During the construction phase, a building can trap moisture. Excessive moisture could result in mold If you think one of your projects may have a moisture issue, rely on a SERVPRO professional to provide the help you need eliminating moisture and preventing the potential for mold growth.
- Final cleaning- You want the facility to look its best when the doors open. We provide cleaning services to give the building that extra shine.
If you recently opened or renovated a business and need cleaning done, give us a call at (503) 665-7752!
Have Ice Dams Affected your East Side Hotel?
Do you know what ice dams are?
Ice dams can be a little-known, but major problem during the snowy season. They form when heated air melts roof snow downward into water dammed behind still-frozen ice. When the trapped water cannot safely flow or run into the gutter system, it can backflow under the roof’s shingles and into the structure’s interior areas, as well as causing gutters and shingles to move or fall.
Icicles can be an initial sign of an ice dam, according to Travelers.com. To spot ice dams inside, “check for water stains or moisture in your attic or along the ceiling of exterior walls of your house. Water stains or moisture may be an indication that an ice dam has formed and water had penetrated the roof membrane.“ Removing an ice dam as soon as it is found is vital to help prevent damage to your property and can be done using heated cables, a roof shovel, or calcium chloride ice melter.
If winter weather causes water damage to your property, SERVPRO of Gresham is only a call away, 24/7, ready to restore to preloss condition!
Mold Prevention in the Gresham Area
Have you ever gotten mold in your home or business?
The kitchen is one of the most susceptible areas of the house to mold growth and it is very easy for mold to occur there if preventative actions are not taken. It is important to keep kitchens mold free because this is the same space in which food is prepared and consuming mold can be harmful. Preventing mold from growing in your kitchen is quite simple and it only takes a few preventative actions to ensure that your kitchen is safe, otherwise you may need a professional mold remediation service like SERVPRO of Gresham.
The kitchen has a higher level of moisture in it than most other rooms of the house and as a result, surfaces such as the wall may become moldy. If there is some mold growth on the wall, make sure to remove it and keep an eye on that area as mold is likely to grow back in the same spot if the humidity rises again.
- One option for preventing mold growth on the walls is using mold resistant paint which is water resistant and will prevent mold from penetrating through the painted layer. Adding mold resistant paint to your kitchen will also rejuvenate the look of the kitchen walls.
- Another way to prevent mold from growing in your kitchen is to make sure your kitchen is dry and free of standing water. As you do the dishes or clean up the kitchen, water can get into small spaces around the sink which increases the risk of mold. It is important to dry the water from these hidden places as they are the most likely places for mold to grow with or without the excess water. After you clean your kitchen, use a separate towel to dry the water from the counters, cracks, floor, and other areas that are wet.
- Humidity is another common cause of mold growth and limiting the humidity within the kitchen will greatly decrease the risk. The best way to keep the humidity down within the kitchen is by opening the windows and making sure there is always good ventilation. It is important to remember that excess moisture, standing water, or high humidity is at the root of every mold outbreak and the key to keeping your kitchen mold free is eliminating each of these sources. Keeping mold out of your kitchen will not only contribute to a cleaner space but also make it a safer place to prepare food.
If you do happen to find more mold than you can safely clean yourself, contact a professional such as SERVPRO of Gresham.
Has Your Medical Office Experienced a Fire in Rockwood?
The National Fire Protection Association estimates that U.S. fire departments respond to an average of 3340 fires in office properties each year. SERVPRO of Gresham wants to help lower the amount of office fires that happen each year by providing information on what causes fires and tips on prevention.
- 29% are caused by cooking equipment
- 12% are caused by electrical distribution and light equipment
- 10% are intentionally set
- 9% are caused by smoking materials
- 4% are caused by exposure
- 3% are caused by electronic, office, or entertainment equipment
- Regularly update and practice an emergency plan.
- Keep emergency exits and escape routes from being blocked and difficult to navigate.
- Maintain routine checks of sprinkler systems, fire extinguishers, and other fire safety equipment.
- Keep non-essential equipment or small appliances in the break room or kitchen areas clean and unplugged unless in use.
- Keep office equipment regularly serviced and repaired.
- Do no overload outlets and do not use frayed wires.
- Get a fire risk assessment and follow the recommendations
- Consider installing pre-flare-up fire detection sensors that detect the potential for a fire and alert the business, property manager, guard on duty, etc.
We know how damaging fire can be to a business and are here to make it “Like it never even happened.” Next time your property has a fire, smoke or odor damage, or needs a post-fire cleaning, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Gresham!
When Winter Weather Affects Your Retail Store
Don't let weather in the Pacific Northwest slow down your business!
Storms and inclement weather can be devastating to any business. Wind damage, heavy rain, and flooding can occur suddenly and cause substantial damage in a matter of minutes. There’s never a convenient time for flooding or storm damage to strike your business. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give SERVPRO of Gresham a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
SERVPRO of Gresham has the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial storm or water damage emergencies. Regardless of your property type or size, we will respond quickly to clean the property and manage the restoration project through to its completion.
For more information on our commercial restoration services, go HERE or call us today at (503) 665-7752!
Does Your East Side Business Have Mold?
SERVPRO of Gresham can help when mold strikes in your Gresham business!
Besides causing a major business interruption, a mold problem can present a serious health risk for people exposed at your commercial property. Mold infestations can be caused by minor water intrusions, like a slow roof leak or loose plumbing fitting. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity.
Mold can spread quickly through a property if left untreated. SERVPRO of Gresham can respond quickly, working to first contain the infestation to help prevent its spread to other parts of the building. Next, we will begin the remediation process, working safely and effectively to manage the situation. We have the training, experience, and equipment to contain the mold infestation and remediate it to preloss condition.
If you suspect your property has a mold problem, call SERVPRO of Gresham at (503) 665-7752!
Frozen Pipes Prevention Tips for Your Downtown Portland Hotel
There is never a good time to experience a frozen pipe burst, SERVPRO of Gresham is here to help you prevent this from happening!
Winter weather can bring about more issues than just slippery roads and a sidewalk to shovel. If you live where temperatures sink below freezing level, you are also at risk of frozen pipes, which can create major disaster at your home or property.
Frozen pipes are often those exposed to cold weather, such as those outside your house, or in cold areas such as basements, attics, garages, or kitchen cabinets. A frozen pipe can burst at the point where the ice blockage inside the pipe is located, but typically the rupture is caused by the backflow pressure between the water source and the blockage. A burst pipe can cause considerable damage to your property if not addressed quickly. To prevent pipes from freezing, here are a few steps you can take, according to The American Red Cross:
- Be sure to completely drain water from swimming pool and sprinkler lines, as well as outside hoses.
- Open kitchen cabinets to let warm air near the plumbing.
- When the weather is extremely cold, let water drip from faucets that may come from exposed pipes.
- Keep your heat set to the same temperature both day and night.
If you experience a water loss from a broken pipe, remember to call your friends at SERVPRO of Gresham!