Summer BBQ Fires In Troutdale
SERVPRO of Gresham BBQ Safety Tips For Your Gresham Home
Summer BBQ’s are a great way to enjoy the weather, spend time with family and friends, and eat amazing food. Although a backyard BBQ can be a ton of fun, be sure to know your fire safety tips. These tips can be useful to prevent injuries and damage on your property. If you ever experience fire damage SERVPRO of Gresham can help you restore your home!
- BBQ grills should be used outside and all times
- Regularly clean your grill of any grease or buildup
- Always supervise the grill to prevent injuries or fires
- Keep your grill at a safe distance from your home
Be sure that the fire is completely out before leaving your grill for an extended period of time. Wind can be a dangerous contributor in starting and spreading a fire. Keep water or an fire extinguisher nearby incase of an unexpected fire.
We understand how devastating a fire can be and we don’t want you to be alone in the process of restoration, so call SERVPRO of Gresham 24/7 at (503) 665-7752!
Get Help For Fire Damage In Troutdale
SERVPRO of Gresham can restore your fire damaged home!
No fire damage is too big or too small for SERVPRO of Gresham. Our highly trained Fire Restoration Technicians are available 24/7, which means we are Here to Help when faced with a fire on the Fourth of July. Once the Fire Department has cleared the scene, be sure to give us a call!
Smoke and Soot Damage?
SERVPRO of Gresham has the specialized cleaning equipment and cleaners to get your salvageable personal belongings or merchandise back to pre-fire condition. Our Cleaning and Odor Control Technicians can remove lingering smoke odors once the soot has been cleaned from all surfaces.
If you are faced with damage to your home or business this firework season, call SERVPRO of Gresham today at (503) 655-7735
Pool Safety In East Side
Pool Safely Tips and Facts from Your Local SERVPRO of Gresham
When summer brings the heat crashing into your daily routine, a pool is a great way to cool off and break up the dog days of summer.
Swimming pools and other water features on your property require regular maintenance and awareness of safety when friends and family, particularly small children, are swimming in your pool.
If your pool causes water damage to your East Side property, SERVPRO of Gresham has a team of highly trained professionals who can restore your property back to pre-damage condition.
Don’t forget to be safe! Parents should be supervising any young children who don’t have strong swimming skills. Most drowning deaths among young children happen at times when parents are nearby, but the children are not properly supervised. Never leave your child or their friends unattended around water. Infants and children under the age of 2 can drown in as little as one inch of water. Enrolling your children in year-round swim lessons at your local swimming pool is the best way to prevent drowning accidents in the future.
If you have questions about SERVPRO of Gresham’s services, call (503) 665-7752!
Firework Safety In Fairview
Prevent Gresham Home Fires In July
The best way to stay safe this firework season is to go to a firework show put on by professionals. If you can't resist lighting some off at home, here are the recommended safety tips from National Council on Firework Safety:
- Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
- Know your fireworks; read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting.
- A responsible adult SHOULD supervise all firework activities. Never give fireworks to children.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Save your alcohol for after the show.
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
- Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away.
- Use fireworks OUTDOORS in a clear area; away from buildings and vehicles.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Always have a bucket of water and charged water hose nearby.
- Never carry fireworks in your POCKET or shoot them into METAL or GLASS containers.
- Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.
- Dispose of spent fireworks by wetting them down and place in a metal trash can away from any building or combustible materials until the next day.
- FAA regulations PROHIBIT the possession and transportation of fireworks in your checked baggage or carry-on luggage.
- Report illegal explosives, like M-80s and quarter sticks, to the fire or police department.
From all of us at SERVPRO of Gresham, we wish you a very fun and SAFE Fourth of July!
If you are faced with fire damage at your home or business, call SERVPRO of Gresham at (503) 665-7752
Green Products For Your Fairview Home
SERVPRO of Gresham Offers Green Products For A Clean Home
If you need a thorough and natural spring cleaning in your Gresham home, SERVPRO of Gresham has exactly what you need. Our trained cleaning professionals use only green products to deep clean your house and brighten up your home! SERVPRO of Gresham has many different cleaning services and a few of them include the following:
- Air Ducts & HVAC
- Carpet & Upholstery
- Ceiling, Floors & Walls
- Drapes & Blinds
- Odor Removal
- Sewage & Toilet Overflow
- Trauma & Crime Scene
- Vandalism & Graffiti
- Building Services
- Commercial Cleaning Services
Our products and services are designed to bring you a clean and environment friendly home. If you’re interested in our cleaning services or have questions about our work, call SERVPRO of Gresham at (503) 665-7752.
Gresham Home Damage From Fireworks
What you can do until help arrives to your fire damaged home
After any fire damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first. Here are a few tips to guide you through the process:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets. Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call SERVPRO of Gresham (503) 665-7752
Congratulations to Gresham High School Graduates
SERVPRO of Gresham Congratulates 2018 High School Graduates!
It’s that time of the year! Another high school graduation ceremony begins as our local students prepare to walk across the stage and on to their next adventure. We are proud to congratulate our local high schools on this annual achievement. Stay safe and good luck in this new beginning!
If you're in need of any of the following services, let SERVPRO of Gresham know how we can help!
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building Services
If you’re interested or have questions about our services at SERVPRO of Gresham, please call us at (503) 665-7752 or visit our website http://www.SERVPROgresham.com\ for more information.
Fairview Home Mold Remediation Facts
6 Mold Remediation Facts From Your Local SERVPRO of Gresham
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Don't hesitate to call us at any time, 24/7 at (503) 665-7752
Gresham Business Restoration
Give SERVPRO of Gresham a call if your business needs restoration services!
When your home or business has been damaged by fire, water, or storm damage, the immediate concern should be temporary protective measures such as placing roof tarps to prevent additional damage, and boarding up to secure the building and remove water and debris.
After protecting and securing the structure, professionals at SERVPRO Gresham can begin the restoration process. Your home or business may need reconstruction work to get your property back to its preloss condition.
The professionals at SERVPRO of Gresham can simplify the restoration process by handling both the initial damage mitigation and rebuilding the affected areas. Having one qualified company for the entire process can save time and keeps costs low.
SERVPRO of Gresham can provide this continuity by supervising a full range of restoration services that will bring a building back to full functionality.
- Board Up
- Carpet Repair and Installation
- Document Drying
- Dry Cleaning
- Drywall Installation
- Drywall Removal
- Electronics Restoration
- Fine Art Restoration
- Furniture Restoration
- General Contracting
- Hardwood Floor Repair
- HVAC Services
- Linoleum Floor Repair
- Marble Floor Repair
- Move Out
- Portable Power
- Roof Tarp
- Roofing Services
- Scalable Resources
- Temporary Fencing
- Temporary Warehouse Space
- Tile Floor Repair
- Tree Removal
Call us at (503) 665-7752!
Gresham Home Attic Water Damage
Ways to prevent your attic from water damage
Water damage and mold are most likely to occur in your attic. Most of us only go up to our attics when we need something. Be sure to check your attic frequently for leaks and other possible issues. During storms, your attic and roof take the brunt of it. Stains appearing on your ceiling is a sign of a leak in your attic.
Here are four steps to help you keep your attic water-free:
Check Your Attic Regularly
It is important to check your attic as often as your check the rest of your home. Your attic could be holding water, which will cause your ceiling to leak, as well as cause mold damages.
Check your Roofing After Severe Weather
After a severe storm or heavy winds, it is crucial to check your roofing and ensure it is still intact. A missing shingle could cause water damages to your attic, which will eventually cause mold and major water damages.
Check for Leaks in your Attic
When in your attic, give it a once-over to make sure it doesn’t have any leaks or small holes that could allow water inside.
Make Sure Your Water Heater is Working Properly
If your water heater is old or isn’t functioning as well as it should, you should have it checked by a professional. If your water heater leaks, you will end up with a flooded home, and possible major water damages.
If you’re struggling with water damage in your attic or other parts of your home, give SERVPRO of Gresham a call at (503) 665-7752.