Recent Community Posts
Community of Gresham
SERVPRO of Gresham is all about having a good time in the community but also helping it.
There is never a convenient time to experience a flooding or water emergency, that’s why SERVPRO of Gresham provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
When security or maintenance calls in the middle of the night or after hours, you can always count on a SERVPRO of Gresham representative to respond. We understand that commercial losses need immediate attention. We have a list of references that would be happy to confirm how quickly we respond to your needs. Contact us for more information.
Waking up or coming home to a flooded home can be stressful. You can always count on your local SERVPRO of Gresham representative to respond to your call. We understand how important your personal belongings are to you. Getting to you quickly can help minimize the damage to them and your home.
No matter the size, SERVPRO of Gresham has the staff, training, and equipment to quickly help you.
Look for us at local events!
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (503) 665-7752
Congratulations to Gresham High School Graduates
SERVPRO of Gresham Congratulates 2018 High School Graduates!
It’s that time of the year! Another high school graduation ceremony begins as our local students prepare to walk across the stage and on to their next adventure. We are proud to congratulate our local high schools on this annual achievement. Stay safe and good luck in this new beginning!
If you're in need of any of the following services, let SERVPRO of Gresham know how we can help!
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building Services
If you’re interested or have questions about our services at SERVPRO of Gresham, please call us at (503) 665-7752 or visit our website http://www.SERVPROgresham.com\ for more information.
SERVPRO of Gresham Supports Cystic Fibrosis in Portland
If you would like to learn more, please visit the Cystic Fibrosis website.
Cystic Fibrosis is an inherited disease that affects the lungs.
- According to the American Lung Association, it is the second most common inherited disorder occurring in children in the United States.
- About 70,000 people worldwide live with CF of which 30,000 are in the United States. About 1,000 new cases are diagnosed each year. Because of increased research efforts, those with CF are living well into adulthood.
- Since 2009 hundreds of firefighters from across the country and around the world have come to Portland to compete in the Portland Firefighter Stairclimb Challenge, and have raised over $900,000 in the fight to beat Cystic Fibrosis and make CF stand for "CURE FOUND".
SERVPRO of Gresham is honored to be a part of the Portland Firefighter Stairclimb Challenge each year in support for raising money to help raise funds in the battle against cystic fibrosis.
Happy Holidays everyone! We can’t wait for the next Portland Firefighter Stairclimb Challenge to help continuing raising awareness and money for CF.
If you are interested in volunteering or learning more about cystic fibrosis, please visit our website!
Do You Have a Pool for Your Pet in the Gresham Area?
Our furry family loves swimming too!
Cooling off in the pool is a great way to escape the summer heat, but our pets need supervision to stay safe around swimming pools. The following will explain the signs of heat stroke in dogs and cats, health tips for swimming, and what do you once your furry friends get out of the pool.
- Dogs don’t sweat and can’t regulate their body temperature.
- They also don’t handle heat well.
- Don’t handle heat well
- They are able to sweat through their foot pads
- Body temperatures over 105°F are dangerous and require immediate care
Signs of heat stroke:
- Excessive panting or drooling
- Trouble breathing
- Red tongue or gums
- Lethargy or weakness
Preventing Poolside Heat Stroke:
- Provide a shaded area
- Have fresh and clean water available
- Something for your pet to lie on, concrete or a wooden deck can get hot and burn their paws
- Swimming is excellent exercise for pets, but don’t assume they know how to swim right away.
- Don’t let your pet drink pool water; the chemicals can be harmful to them.
- Get goggles for dogs to protect their eyes.
Out of the pool:
- Wash the pool chemicals off your pet with fresh water
- Clean and dry out their ears to prevent infections
- Use soft cotton balls
- Dogs with floppy ears are more likely to get infections
SERVPRO of Gresham wants to keep you and your four-legged friends safe and healthy!
Gresham Arts Festival!
SERVPRO of Gresham is thrilled to be a lead sponsor for the Gresham Arts Festival!
SERVPRO of Gresham is so excited to be apart of and be a lead sponsor for the Gresham Arts Festival. The festivities kick off Friday evening on July 14, 2017 from 5:00PM-9:00PM with Art Under the Stars. You will be able to peruse through the silent auction in Historic Downtown Gresham and enjoy the tunes of Norman Sylvester.
Saturday morning, 7/15/2017, the fun continues from 9:00AM-5:00PM for the Gresham Arts Festival. More than 150 artists will fill the streets with an array of unique, handcrafted art. Also featured: live cultural and musical performances, unique shopping and restaurants. During the day, the community will be working towards reclaiming the Chalk of Fame: Guinness World Record. A town in Canada stole the world record, set by the Gresham community in 2015, for the largest display of chalk pavement art.
We can't wait to see you there!
Tips for Keeping Your Pet Safe While Boating in Fairview
SERVPRO of Gresham wants your pet to be safe while boating!
Last week we touched on how to keep yourself and family safe while boating, this week we want to provide ideas to keep your furry friend safe as well!
- Keep plenty of fresh drinking water available.
- Provide a shaded area—excessive exposure to the sun can cause problems for animals.
- Protect their feet—dogs absorb heat through the pads on their feet and boat surfaces can get very hot in the sun.
- Let your pet get acquainted with the boat while it is on dock or trailer.
- Walk your dog so he can relieve himself before boarding; if the boat surface allows, you may wish to train him to go in a specific spot
- Keep your first outing short, to let your dog get used to the boat movement.
Another thing to consider is getting a doggie lifejacket. While there are no regulations regarding life jackets for pets, a dog life jacket can help keep your pet safe while aboard your boat or around any body of water. How do you choose a life jacket for your animal? Here are a few things to consider:
- Make sure the life jacket fits securely.
- Try to get jacket with lifting handles to make retrieving your pet safer and easier.
- Check to see where straps and buckles fall to make sure they won’t cause your pet any discomfort.
- Choose a bright color to make it easier to spot your dog in the water.
Give your pet a chance to get used to wearing its life jacket before actually getting on a boat. Allow your pet to practice swimming while wearing its life jacket, too.
Tis' the Season of Giving, Donating, and Volunteering in Multnomah County
Looking to give back some how this holiday season, but don't know where to start?
Here are a few organizations to get you going:
Portland Rescue Mission
- Volunteer to serve meals, mentor a man or woman in recovery, or care for children.
- Donate food, socks, blankets and other care items
- Support our programs with a special gift or monthly donation
Oregon Humane Society
- Volunteer at the shelter
- Donate food, toys or other care items (See full list here)
- Foster a pet
- Adopt a pet
- Set up monthly contributions
Toy & Joy Makers
- Donate toys for all ages
- Make a cash donation
- Volunteer to help
These are just a few of the many great organizations in the Portland area that help our community. If we all committed to even just on act of giving this holiday season, just imagine what we could accomplish!
From all of us at SERVPRO of Gresham, we hop you have a happy, fun a and safe holiday season!
Christmas Eve Karaoke in Gresham
Need something to do on Christmas Eve in Gresham?
ALL HOLIDAY MUSIC. Our favorite tradition of all, Christmas Eve Karaoke gives you the mic to sing your favorite songs of Christmas. It's an all ages Christmas Eve party to share with the community. Come join them from 7 pm until closing.
All ages until 10:00 pm
Skyway Bar and Grill
If you have any questions please call 503-622-3775.
Please be safe and as always if you get home and find you have an emergency and need our services please contact us right away. We are here to help you so you can enjoy your holiday.
SERVPRO of Gresham Supports Local Charities
Come support local charities that SERVPRO of Gresham supports.
WinterVille at the Zimmerman Heritage Farm, a new holiday festival taking place at the historic Zimmerman Heritage Farmhouse, will feature performances by local high school choirs, a winter beer and cider garden for guests 21 and over, tours through the beautifully decorated Zimmerman House, local food and craft vendors, a children’s craft area and free photos with Santa for children.
East County Historical Organization and Treadway Events have partnered to bring this community event to the area to raise money for the East County Historical Organization – a local non-profit organization.
WinterVille will be open eight nights, Thursday through Sunday, Dec. 8 through Dec. 18. On Thursdays and Sundays the event is open from 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm; on Fridays and Saturday, 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm.
Adult admission is $12 and admission for children is $8 (including a free photo with Santa).
A $2 discount is offered to those who donate a canned food item or new, unwrapped toy to benefit Toy and Joy Makers and SnowCap Community Charities.
SERVPRO of Gresham at the 25th Annual Christmas Tree Lighting
SERVPRO of Gresham owner and employees bundled up to hand out free hot chocolate
This year at the 25th Annual Christmas Tree Lighting in Gresham, OR we gave out free hot chocolate to everyone who came out to enjoy all the holiday fun. It was a great way to get to know our community even better and chat with some of the locals in the area. SERVPRO of Gresham was honored to hold the title as one of the Silver Sponsors this year.
The event featured Santa's Parade, a Celebration at the Plaza, live music, photo's with Santa and lot's of other fun activities for the kids. If you missed out on the fun, make sure to come out next year!
Check out some more pics from the Spirit of Christmas page!
Interested in some of the other community events SERVPRO of Gresham is involved in? Visit our Community Photos page today!
SERVPRO of Gresham is here for you Thanksgiving 2016!
The turkey is roasting, pumpkin pie is ready for whipped cream and friends and family are on their way, when suddenly a pipe breaks or you have a kitchen fire! Who can you call on Thanksgiving Day? Call SERVPRO of Gresham, we have trained technicians ready to go anytime, any day.
Here is a list of things you can do to prevent disaster this turkey day:
- Start the day with a stove and oven that is free of any food debris or grease.
- Avoid wearing loose clothing near a heat source or open flame.
- If deep frying your turkey, make sure not to add to much oil as to avoid spills, burns and grease fires.
- Don't forget to wash for at least 20 seconds before and after handling food, especially raw meat.
- Keep a fire extinguisher close by.
- Never leave the kitchen unattended while cooking on a stove top, or when cooking a turkey.
- Keep pets and children out of your cooking area.
- Make sure your smoke detectors are working.
From all of us at SERVPRO of Gresham, we wish you a safe and happy Thanksgiving!
Why we LOVE Gresham, Oregon!
We love Gresham, Oregon! We have been here working on your homes and business for almost 25 years and we would not want to go any where else. (Except Oregon City and Sandy! But more on that later.) What can we say, we love the people, the community, the art, the culture, the businesses, and the schools! There is not much we don't love about Gresham. The Farmers Market! The parks, the trails, the libraries! The splash pad, the art center, the shopping! We could go on and on..
SERVPRO of Gresham understands the stress and worry that comes with a fire or water damage and the disruption it causes your life and home or business. So thank you for choosing us! Thank to everyone in Gresham for allowing us to provide you with excellent service all these years. Community is important to us.
Visit our website and see pictures of us in our community. SERVPROgresham.com/event-photos
Things Happening In Our Area This Fall
At SERVRO of Gresham we are very involved with our community. After all, what is more important than getting to know your customers before they need your services. We support groups, schools, and Chambers in Gresham. We have been lucky to be a part of a Guinness World Record in Gresham. We are also so lucky to hand out hot chocolate and apple cider at the annual Christmas Tree Lighting. There are many things happening in Gresham this fall. By the way thanks for coming out to The Teddy Bear Parade! It was a great turnout this year!We have listed a few and their websites for you to visit. Have a Happy Fall! We hope to see you around town!
Fall Festival of the Arts- fallfestivalofthearts.com
Gresham Farmers Market- greshamoregon.gov/Events/2016/Arts-and-Culture/Gresham-Farmers-Market/
City Fest- greshamoregon.gov/Events/2016/Community-Events/CityFest/?d=10/01/2016
A Salute to all Veterans
On Wednesday, November 11th, Americans will celebrate Veterans Day. The special holiday is dedicated to the brave men and women of the armed forces who risk their lives on a daily basis to keep the rest of us safe and free. They include members of the US Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and the Coast Guard.
The holiday was first celebrated on November 11th, 1919 by U.S. President Wilson as Armistice Day to honor the soldiers that served during World War I. The "Great War" as it is often called officially ended when the Treaty of Versailles was signed on June 28, 1919. However, the fighting ceased seven months earlier on November 11, 1918, at precisely 11:00 am, when an armistice between the Allied Nations and Germany was declared. As a result, November 11th became the date of choice for the celebration.