A fire this time of year is great for a lot of reasons; it helps to create a warm and cozy home and limits your heating costs. But the risk of fire damage or smoke damage goes up so its important to be safe when it comes to fireplaces and wood stoves.
- Keep your fireplace clean.
- Always keep a fire extinguisher handy.
- Close the damper when not using your wood fireplace
- Have a chimney cap installed
- Get your chimney cleaned twice a year.
If a fire or smoke damage should affect your home of office SERVPRO of Gresham & SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy are ready to help you make it “Like it never even happened.” Our crews are ready to help 24/7, 365 when disaster strikes.