Frozen Pipes in Gresham
Cold weather is great for winter fun in the Gresham Area but not so great for the pipes. SERVPRO of Gresham & SERVPRO Oregon City/Sandy will remediate water damage “Like it never even happened”, but life is better if you can prevent the damage in the first place. Every year, over a quarter of a million homes and businesses, suffer water damage from frozen pipes that burst (Federal Emergency Management Association). SERVPRO of Gresham & SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy
is sharing these tips to prevent frozen pipes that may lead to water damage.
Keeping Pipes from Freezing:
• Check for exposed pipes, especially in unheated areas
• Wrap uninsulated pipes with pipe insulation
• Add insulation to attics, basements, and crawl spaces to keep cold drafts from freezing the pipes
• Keep indoor temperatures at 55 degrees F, even when no one will be at home or in the office
• If you will have several days of temperatures at or below 20 degrees F, let cold water trickle through an open tap
• Remove outside hoses from their taps
• Open cabinet doors in bathrooms and kitchens to let warmer area circulate around the pipes
SERVPRO of Gresham & SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy wishes you a winter free from water damage or storm damage.