What to do when you have water damage from a flood.
What to do when you have a flood. Here are a few quick thinking tips that may save your residence or commercial building from a lot of damage. This will help with repairs down the road...
- Check your pipes and your main water shut off in your home or building. If sewage backup occurs, don’t use any other sink or toilet.
- Call your insurance company as soon as you can. They can tell you what your policy covers.
- Take pictures of the flooded areas. Do not throw anything away. Your insurance company may cover a replacement. When you speak with your assigned adjuster, you can ask them what is covered.
- Disconnect appliances that have had their power source exposed to water.
- Call SERVPRO of Gresham at 503-665-7752. We are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We can help walk you through what to do next. Our relationships with insurance agents and adjusters will help your mitigation go smoothly.