Fire Damage Safety Tips For Sandy?
When my home was damaged by fire, my insurance adjuster told me to call SERVPRO of Gresham & SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy. They gave me some helpful tips on things I could do while waiting for help to arrive.
Fire Damage Safety Tips – While Waiting for Help to Arrive
After any fire damage situation, your safety should be the primary focus.
- Stay in the house only if it safe
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform
- Wet materials can be very heavy
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open
- Clean and protect chrome with a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves
- Change the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) filter
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers
Call Us Today!
When your [city name] home or commercial business experiences a fire damage emergency, SERVPRO of Gresham & SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sand is Here to Help.