Stay Safe Gresham! Holiday Fire Safety Tips 2016
Holiday Fire Safety Tips
Decorating for the holidays can be a lot of fun, but remember these fire safety tips Gresham!
- Inspect your holiday lights every year before you put them up.
- Throw away any light strands that have frayed or pinched wires.
- A dry tree can catch on fire more easily. Water your Christmas tree every day
- Use battery-operated flameless candles, that look, smell and feel like real candles.
- Make sure any lit candles are in stable holders and place them where they cannot be knocked down easily
- Don't overload electrical outlets
- Stockings are hung with care at least 3 ft above a heat source
- Turn off decorations when leaving the house, or going to bed
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Have your chimney inspected to see if it needs cleaning
- Put a screen on your fireplace to avoid any embers falling onto the carpet or floor
For information on the Fire Damage Repair and Restoration Services we offer visit www.SERVPROgresham.com/fire-smoke-damage-restoration or Call us at (503) 665-7752