Fire-damaged Garage in Orient.
Garage fires happen in Orient.
We were lucky that the fire was contained to the garage, or the insurance company would have declared the fire damage as a total loss. After the fire was extinguished, the Orient fire department reported that the fire originated from a faulty electrical wire. The smoke and soot from the fire even managed to travel inside the house!
SERVPRO of Gresham and SERVPRO of Oregon City / Sandy has the advanced training, experience, and specialized equipment required to restore fire damage of all kinds, and no job is too big. Our SERVPRO of Gresham and SERVPRO of Oregon City / Sandy fire restoration technicians are on call 24 hours a day and typically arrive on-site within four hours of your call. Here are some safety tips from our website on what to do after a fire:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets
- Keep hands clean so as to not further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves
- Change the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) filter
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers
When your Orient home or business experiences fire damage SERVPRO of Gresham and SERVPRO of Oregon City / Sandy is here to help you. We’ll clean and restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.”