Barbecue Fire at Your Gresham Home or Business?
When your BBQ goes from fun to flames, SERVPRO of Gresham is Here to Help!
If you've been faced with a barbecue fire this summer you are not alone! According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), In 2009-2013, U.S. fire departments responded to an average of 8,900 home fires involving grills, hibachis, or barbecues per year. This includes structure fires and outside or unclassified fires on home properties.
When fire and water damage strikes, a fast response is critical. We’re dedicated to responding immediately, day or night, to your Gresham home or business. A faster response helps to prevent secondary damage and to reduce cost.
BBQ safety tips from the NFPA:
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill area.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
If you experience a barbecue or grill fire, call SERVPRO of Gresham today at (503) 665-7752
Or for more information on our Fire Damage Cleanup, Repair and Restoration services, click HERE.