Office Cleaning Tips for East Side Businesses
Who says cleaning has to be done in the spring?
Maintaining a clean office keeps germs at bay and keeps you and your employees happy and healthy year-round. Did you know that office desks have been found to be more than 400 times dirtier than a toilet seat? How about how office telephones have around 25,000 germs per square inch? Below are some tips to help with your journey of keeping the workplace spic and span all the time!
- Clean all surfaces. Wipe down all of your hard surfaces, including desks, chairs, tables, and shelves. Electronics are just as important; your phone, keyboard, and mouse are high germ zones. You should also clean off your printer, fax machine, computer screens, and other electronic surfaces with an appropriate cloth or cleaner.
- Declutter. Clean out your filing cabinet and get rid of old papers that have been lying around your workspace. Be sure to shred paperwork containing confidential or sensitive information.
- Organize. Summer cleaning provides the perfect time to create a filing system that helps reduce workspace clutter.
- Tackle the junk drawer. Just take it slow and toss or recycle anything you no longer need. Continue by organize the items you’re planning to keep.
- Virtual organization. Cleaning your work space isn’t just about disinfecting and filing. Use this opportunity to organize your computer documents and emails so you can find needed files without a cluttered desktop or inbox.