Does My Home Along the Columbia River Have a Water Leak?
Do you know how to spot a water leak?
You never expect a water leak in your home, but it’s good to be prepared and know what to do in case it happens! Sometimes, leaks can go undetected due to where they happen in the home (inside walls, under floor, or in your crawlspace). The following tips can help you determine if a leak is present, whether you can see it or not!
- Watch your water bill for unexpectedly high usage. High water usage could be a sign of a problem.
- Use no water for two hours. Read your water meter before and after this period. If this reading is not the same, you likely have a leak somewhere.
- Check your toilet by placing food coloring in the toilet tank. In 15 minutes or less, if the colored water is in the toilet bowl without flushing, there is probably a leak.
- Fix leaks and drips as soon as you see them.
- Use water leak alarms and automatic water shut off systems to catch leaks quickly.
In the event that you have a water leak and need mitigation, call SERVPRO of Gresham! Our highly trained technicians will be happy to help get your home back to its preloss condition.