What to Do When Your Commercial Property Floods in Gresham
Are you prepared for a flood on the East Side?
Floods rank as one of the most common and widespread natural disasters in the United States. Whether you live near a coastline, along city streets, in the mountains, near a river, or even in the desert, there is a potential for suffering flood damage. On average, floods cost $6 billion in annual losses in the U.S. Flooding can also result from plumbing failures, frozen pipes, and damaged structures. Floods can damage and affect your business in a variety of ways and can range in size from being isolated to a single room to entire floors being fully submerged.
Flood Prevention Tips:
- Determine if your property is in a floodplain.
- In any emergency, always listen to the instructions given by local emergency management officials.
- Carefully asses how your company functions, both internally and externally, to determine which staff, materials, procedures and equipment are absolutely necessary to keep the business operating.
- Plan what you will do if your building, plant, or store is not accessible. This type of planning is often referred to as a continuity of operations plan, or COOP, and includes all the facets of your business.
- Plan for payroll continuity.
- Review your emergency plans annually. Just as your business changes over time, so do your preparedness needs. When you hire new employees or when there are changes in how your company functions, you should update your plans and inform your people.
In the event your property does have a flood, remember SERVPRO of Gresham is here to help! We’re open 24/7 to help you when disasters strike! Call us today at (503) 665-7752!