How to Prevent Mold from Growing on Your Gresham Property
Mold growth can be common in Oregon; do you know how to prevent it?
Any home or commercial property can quickly become infested with mold if a source of water is present. Mold can spread throughout a property in as little as 48 hours. Some household situations that lead to mold growth include:
- Clogged gutters and downspouts
- Leaky plumbing
- Leaky roofs
- Using hot water without venting the steam to outdoor air.
Also, when indoor air is warmer than outdoor air, moisture can collect on cold surfaces like single pane windows, uninsulated walls, pipes and roofs.
Ways of preventing household mold:
- Install double-pane windows or insulation to keep moisture from collecting on cold surfaces.
- Inspect and repair leaks in roofs, gutters, foundations and plumbing.
- If you rent, consider taking pictures of moisture problems and documenting the situation with your landlord.
Since mold can produce allergens and irritants, you should call us to remediate your Gresham home if you suspect you have a mold problem. If mold is found, we have the training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation. Call SERVPRO of Gresham today at (503) 665-7752!