Has Your Medical Office Experienced a Fire in Rockwood?
The National Fire Protection Association estimates that U.S. fire departments respond to an average of 3340 fires in office properties each year. SERVPRO of Gresham wants to help lower the amount of office fires that happen each year by providing information on what causes fires and tips on prevention.
- 29% are caused by cooking equipment
- 12% are caused by electrical distribution and light equipment
- 10% are intentionally set
- 9% are caused by smoking materials
- 4% are caused by exposure
- 3% are caused by electronic, office, or entertainment equipment
- Regularly update and practice an emergency plan.
- Keep emergency exits and escape routes from being blocked and difficult to navigate.
- Maintain routine checks of sprinkler systems, fire extinguishers, and other fire safety equipment.
- Keep non-essential equipment or small appliances in the break room or kitchen areas clean and unplugged unless in use.
- Keep office equipment regularly serviced and repaired.
- Do no overload outlets and do not use frayed wires.
- Get a fire risk assessment and follow the recommendations
- Consider installing pre-flare-up fire detection sensors that detect the potential for a fire and alert the business, property manager, guard on duty, etc.
We know how damaging fire can be to a business and are here to make it “Like it never even happened.” Next time your property has a fire, smoke or odor damage, or needs a post-fire cleaning, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Gresham!