Gresham Home Damage From Fireworks
What you can do until help arrives to your fire damaged home
After any fire damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first. Here are a few tips to guide you through the process:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets. Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call SERVPRO of Gresham (503) 665-7752