If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (503) 665-7752

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Watch Out for those Holiday Fire Starters in Your Wood Village Business

11/8/2017 (Permalink)

How many of these fire starters do you have in your establishment?

Ah, the holidays; A fun, cheery time of year! We string lights, decorate desks, and even set up trees in the office. Have you thought about where you place the tree in relation to a heat source? While it is fun to decorate for the holiday season, some of those decorations can cause a fire in your office! The following are common holiday fire starters that could be in your office:

  • Candles
  • Christmas Trees
  • String Lights
  • Extension Cords
  • Fireplaces

Keeping these types of decorations away from a heat source, checking for faulty wiring and keeping trees watered can reduce the potential for an office fire. The following are some tips to prevent fires in your office:

  • Keep decoration or flammable items at least three feet from open flames and heat sources
  • Inspect all decorations that use electricity for damage and discard damaged decorations
  • Never string together multiple extension cords or run extension cords under rugs, carpets, or furniture
  • Water live trees daily and remove the tree when the needles start to fall off

In the event of an office fire, remember to call SERVPRO of Gresham! We have the staff and equipment to make your disaster “Like it never even happened.”

Other News

View Recent Posts